The Product & Technology, China team is looking for a strategic and experienced director of product to join the team. The person will play a critical role in determining how our organization approaches the industry and the commercial readiness of our products and services in China, connecting the different solutions for our customer base into solid and comprehensive offerings, working in a global framework but leading and consulting local teams to respect the nuances. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and self-motivated individual with strong passion and experience in the payment landscape in China, positive work ethic and a "can do" attitude. In this position, you will work in a cross-functional team across product, engineering, product marketing, brand, sales, risk, compliance, legal, operations and more to ensure the success of our products in China. This position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executives as well as all other levels and external stakeholders, locally and globally.
- Articulate a clear strategy that will effectively capture customer attention and business value through efficient presentations and influence others to achieve company’s goals in China
Analyze market trends, internal data, customer feedback, competition, current solutions, and strategic priorities to help define new offerings, create go-to-market strategies and plans and drive go-to-market execution
- Drive integration efforts and lead critical work streams of strategic initiatives sponsored by senior executives
- Set, track and report quarterly and yearly business objectives, provide clear articulation of assessments, recommend plan adjustments as necessary
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve success against the business plan (including product development, strategy, marketing, sales, support, operations, finance, research and executives) to ensure overall success of our products
- Evaluate PayPal Consumer Go-to-Market strategies and practices and recommend changes based on industry leading practices and local nuances
- Evaluate and lead the implementation local processing in China
- Develop and communicate innovative strategies, combining data-driven knowledge about the market and insights into customer’s needs, bringing the two together in a compelling and powerful story.
- Build and manage a team of product managers
- Superb leadership and influencing skills
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Solid analytical thinking with proven results when that is applied
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams
- Ability to motivate others, drive collaboration, teaming & resolve conflict between diverse stakeholder groups
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; problem-solver mindset
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive – must thrive in a dynamic environment
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- People management skills
- Works efficiently under pressure
- Track record of delivering tangible results
- Appetite to learn and comfort with uncertainty market positions
- Ability to influence senior leaders
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience required / preferred
- Experience in Product management and Go-to-Market initiatives preferably in the FinTech, in China
- Strong team building and managing experience
- Cross-functional and matrix experience across Products, Engineering and Business teams
- Strong business acumen with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create structure and drive progress in an ambiguous environment.
- Superb communication skills; ability to comfortably interact with executive management; ability to craft and tailor a compelling message to a given audience and to communicate our expertise in simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- Demonstrated ability to scope, create and successfully deploy new strategy/ initiatives / capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
- Experience in influencing and aligning cross functional partners, from seniors to frontline, across divergent points of view and/or functions (Franchise, Commercial, Sales) to drive action and change
- Experience in translating business requirements to analytical requirements & solutions
Strong ability to make decisions & forge alignment in ambiguous and changing situations
- Mandarin speaking is a plus
- MBA is a plus