– Performing a critical role within the China Business Services Procurement team, the individual will have a Business Services (BS) Category remit with spend circa 25 MM Euro
– Be one of the BS team representative in China region, informing and briefing stakeholders of Global initiatives affecting their region and conversely determining requirements from the region and applying suitable solutions and strategies.
– Developing a detailed fact-based commercial profile of the China Market for the respective Business services portfolios.
– Establishing long term strategic partner relationships with the Unilever stakeholders in the region.
– Responsible for delivering both BAU & ZBB savings for the region (ZBB is a key pillar of top 4 UEx initiatives).
– Role will require to be dynamic/agile resource for BS transformational projects across any other Markets.
E2E Sourcing & Operation BS:
– Interact with market stakeholders and global procurement team to develop Business services category strategies for China.
– Selecting the appropriate Supplier base to meet the needs of the business & manage Supplier Relationships.
– Following regional / local market trends and conditions for China, benchmarking and tracking supply market capabilities, cost/service delivery models, and market risks;
– Lead negotiation of contracts, and manage the implementation of Global MSA’s and associated LSA’s across the region.
– Collaborate with stakeholders to implement sourcing outcomes across the region and proactively challenge thinking, e.g. is the Global strategy suitable or appropriate for region and considering existing commitments / contracts, local laws and legislation preventing adoption of strategies etc.
– Working closely with Suppliers to drive best in class initiatives in Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, throughout the Business services categories.
– Working in conjunction with the stakeholders team to implement the LSA’s;
– Measure and manage overall performance of suppliers in conjunction with stakeholders
– Work within defined Procurement procedures (Ways of Working) and adhere to the Code of Business Principles at all times.
– Awareness and understanding of local laws and legislation within their particularly when delivering Global projects in order to mitigate RISK to Unilever.
– Creating, developing and maintaining effective Communities of Practice (COP’s), including Global Procurement teams, MCO Functional Contacts and subject matter experts. Also engaging with external industry COP’s.
Dynamic Resourcing – Business Services projects
-To be the dynamic resource in MBS 2.0 org, to work on complex cross multiple markets beyond China
-Working closely with global stakeholders, develop and deploy strategic sourcing plans to match up- transformational service.
• Degree (Masters or MBA preferred).
• Minimum 5 years of business experience.
• Experience in Business services portfolios; or capabilities in strategic sourcing and managing strategic supplier relationships.
• Global Mindset, Team Alignment, Real Accountability, Action not Debate, engagement, perseverance, flexibility, strong convictions.
• Good communicator, passionate, entrepreneurial, target driven, negotiation skills, financial management
• Project management, change management, information management, with fluent spoken English, business acumen
• Experience with negotiation and contracting in HR and professional services portfolio.
• Evidence of capabilities in catalysing and leading change and transformation.
• Evidence of ability to work in virtual teams and global/regional environments.
• Working knowledge (or basic appreciation) of legal.