To support the Procurement Manager and the Team to develop, deploy and manage the ‘Processed Ingredients’ procurement portfolios in the Asia Africa Clusters and to help driving the delivery of business targets and objectives. This position is currently dedicated to Flavour Enhancers portfolio specifically (under Processed Ingredients).
• Participate in defining the supply strategies and translating these into Strategy-into-Action plans; and take ownership in execution and delivery of the action plans.
• Drive on-time global contract implementation into clusters, including system maintain.
• Support in maintaining the relationships with the business stakeholders; understand their business needs and create their buy-in to the sourcing strategies.
• Lead and deliver projects, as part of the Strategy-into-Action plans.
• Execute regional supply market scans and supplier assessments.
• Support to drive supplier base development and relationship management.
• Support in generating, driving and delivering Cash & Cost Reduction opportunities in line with the global and regional targets.
• Lead the preparation for Requests for Information and Proposal and perform the analysis.
• Support supplier negotiations.
• Support in driving and delivering the Innovation agenda.
• Support in driving and delivering the UL Sustainable Living Plan.
• Define the Operational Excellence agenda for the suppliers and execute with Cluster Procurement Operations.
• Support in the resolution of supply and operational issues.
• Manage current complexity, Support and drive complexity reduction programmes.
• Ensure compliance with Codes & Policies (i.e. USQS etc).
• Ensure risk mitigation and create regional Business Continuity Plans (BCP’s).
• Lead and own data management and analysis.
• Own and drive continuous improvement and operational excellence in procurement processes.
• Ensure agreed business reporting and KPI tracking.
• Organise and execute price forecasting in line with defined processes.
• Contribute to delivery of overall team results.
Procurement, SC or finance experience, FMCG experience.
• Be able to work in global virtual teams
• Be able to work in networks, drive for team alignment and be able to work independently
• Take ownership and responsibility, have energy and drive
• Have excellent communication & networking skills
• Have business, organisational, strategic and cultural awareness
• Have analytical & commercial skills & drive
• Enjoy working with people and numbers
• Have good application knowledge in all Microsoft tools and SAP (1SP), advanced in MS Excel.
• Have project management and change management skills
• Be result and solution oriented, be able to solve (unexpected) problems (in short notice)
• Be fluent in English
• Procurement Insights and Analysis: understand Category, Functional strategies and procurement requirements.
• Supply Strategy Development and Implementation (e.g. collecting relevant information).
• Supply Market Intelligence and Analysis (e.g. establish understanding & analyze of portfolios and underlying markets).
• Supplier Selection and Development (e.g. assessing supplier performance, screening suppliers, supplier qualification and on boarding).
• Managing alliances and relationships.
CROSS SUPPLY CHAIN SKILLS:
• Executing Supply Chain Strategies aligned to Business Goals
• Adopting a Customer Service Mindset in all our relationships
• Optimising and Implementing Supply Chain Improvements.
• Managing sustainability in supply chain.